Saturday, March 4, 2017

Faith

People always demand respect for their faith. You’ve noticed this happening. Why should I respect someone who makes enormous claims on no evidence, and when confronted with that fact, says, “Well, I don’t need any evidence. I’ve got faith’. I think that extraordinary claims, such as that they know, not just that there is a god, but that they know his mind, they know his instructions, they’ve had revealed truth from him: a claim like that demands extraordinary evidence. Instead of which, they say, ‘No, how about no evidence at all, and just take me on faith?’ Why am I supposed to respect that? I don’t respect it. I suspect it. - Richard Dawkins

You either have faith that a God exists, or you ‘know’. You can’t know and have faith, or have faith and know, you know? - Michael Sherlock

No comments:

Post a Comment