Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Religion

All religions, with their gods, their demi-gods, and their prophets, their messiahs and their saints, were created by the prejudiced fancy of men who had not attained the full development and full possession of their faculties. - Mikhail Bakunin

As editor of the largest newspaper in West Virginia, I scan hundreds of reports daily and I am amazed by the frequency with which religion causes people to kill each other. It is a nearly universal pattern, undercutting the common assumption that religion makes people kind and tolerant. - James Haught

Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; Before you tell me how much you love your God, show me in how much you love all his children; Before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbours. - Cory Booker

No comments:

Post a Comment