Thursday, September 22, 2016

Mysticism - Quotes

Metaphysics… has been developed from the first, by the union and conflict of two very different human impulses, the one urging men toward mysticism, and the other urging men toward science. But the greatest men who have been philosophers have felt the need both of science and of mysticism: the attempt to harmonise the two was what made their life, and what always must, for all its arduous uncertainty, make philosophy, to some minds, a greater thing than either science or religion. - Unknown

When we speak of man, we have a conception of humanity as a whole, and before applying scientific methods to, the investigation of his movement we must accept this as a physical fact. These ties cannot be seen, but we can feel them. I cut myself in the finger, and it pains me: this finger is a part of me. I see a friend hurt, and it hurts, me, too: my friend and I are one. And now I see stricken down an enemy, I care least for, and it still grieves me. Does this not prove that each of us is only part of a whole? We are all one. - Nikola Tesla

No comments:

Post a Comment