Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Teachings of the Buddha


The Buddha gained Enlightenment at the age of 35 while he was meditating. From then on, he imparted his knowledge, which came to be known as The Teachings of Buddha, to the masses until his death at the age of 80.

The teachings of Buddha is popularly known as Buddhism. Some people considered these teachings a philosophy, teaching the Way of Life. Primarily, they show people the correct approach to living Life.

It was mentioned in some text that Buddha never intended his teachings to become a religion. In fact, he told his disciples not to create or form a religion.

However, somewhere along the way, Buddhism became a religion. And along with it came the dogmas, rites and customs.

Personally, I don’t care for the religious aspects of Buddhism. I embrace Buddhism as a philosophy, as Teachings of the Buddha. The lessons are simple and yet profound. They make a lot of sense, answer most questions and doubts I have. They thoroughly resonate with me. I was totally convinced Buddhism was for me from the moment I started reading about it.

That’s when I stopped believing in a God, and in religion. That’s when I embarked on my Spiritual Journey. The religious shenanigans didn’t help any. If anything, they convinced me that I am on the right Path.

No comments:

Post a Comment