Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Religion

Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest. - Emile Zola

I count religion but a childish toy, and hold there is no sin but ignorance. - Christopher Marlowe

I'd be more willing to accept religion, even if I didn't believe it, if I thought it made people nicer to each other but I don't think it does. - Andy Rooney

If the people were a little more ignorant, astrology would flourish – if a little more enlightened, religion would perish. - Robert Green Ingersoll

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion. - Unknown

If the fundamentals of religions are peace and love, then why are the religious fundamentalists such massive, intolerant, violent, bigoted pricks? - Pablo Paredes

In the long run, nothing can withstand reason and experience, and the contradiction religion offers to both is palpable. - Sigmund Freud

No comments:

Post a Comment