Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Religion

I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of God. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. - Hospitaller

I say people who feel they must have a faith or religion in order to face life are showing a kind of cowardice, which in any other sphere would be considered contemptible. But when it is in the religious sphere it is thought admirable, and I cannot admire cowardice whatever sphere it is in. - Bertrand Russell

I believe that religion, generally speaking, has been a curse to mankind - that it's modest and greatly overestimated services on the ethical side have been more than overcome by the damage it has done to clear and honest thinking. - H. L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment